Treat your sweetheart to the perfect Valentine’s meal in, with delicious garlic steak and salad, then finish your meal by indulging in retro favourite, Viennetta. Pick up the majority of ingredients you need to make this yummy ‘Winter warmer’ in your local Heron Foods store.
- 2 x Rump Steaks (£2.49 each!)
- Oven Chips
- Onion Rings
- Mixed Salad
- Garlic Butter (optional, depending upon likelihood of smooching!)
- Bring the steaks to room temperature and season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Put in a hot pan for three minutes each side for a medium rare finish.
- Meanwhile, put the chips and onion rings in the oven to start.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and put a teaspoon of (optional) garlic butter on each one and wrap in foil. Add to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the oven and allow to rest while the chips and onion rings continue to cook.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves and pour the garlic butter over the steak.
- Finish with Viennetta ice cream.