Why should Bubble and Squeak just be made of leftovers? Yes, you can do that with your Christmas Day leftover vegetables, but all the ingredients you’ll need to make these delicious burgers are available at Heron and they’re really simple to make! Serve on their own, with bacon or your favourite sausages. What’s more, why not freeze your Bubble and Squeak burgers to use another day?
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 25g butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 300g cooked sprouts, sliced thinly (roughly 4mm)
- 750g mashed or roast potatoes chopped into 1cm cubes
- 4 tablespoons milk or cream
- Salt and pepper
- Mash the sprouts (and/or any other leftover vegetables) and potatoes together. Shape the mash into little burger shapes.
- Tip: Try using a circular pastry cutter to make an evenly shaped burger.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Swirl. To coat the base of the pan.
- Put the cakes into the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. If you are doing a lot, or want to do them ahead of time, keep warm on a plate in a low oven and repeat until they are all done.