These sweet pancakes are great for Shrove Tuesday – they’re delicious and deliciously easy to make too! They’re the perfect excuse to enjoy pancakes whether it’s Pancake Day, or in fact, any day! This recipe makes 4 pancakes.
- 55g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 140ml milk
Your shopping list
- Milk (2 litres) – £1.09
- Free range eggs (6 pack) – 89p
- Plain flour (1.5kg) – £1
- Nutella (400g) – £2
- Mini marshmallows (100g) – 39p
- Lemon juice (200ml) – 39p
- Sunflower oil (190ml) – £1.50
- Sugar (1kg) – 59p
- Golden syrup (325g) – £1
- Delizia vanilla ice cream (900ml) - £1.49
- Whisk the egg and milk together and then add the flour. Whisk to create a smooth batter and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan until hot and ladle some batter mix into the pan. Tilt the pan back and forth to spread the mix across the base to form a thin layer.
- Cook for approximately 30-40 seconds or until the underside is cooked.
- Flip the pancake (with a spatula or toss by hand, if you’re feeling brave!)
- Once the other side is cooked, cover with your choice of sweet topping and fold in half or roll up.
- Serve and enjoy!
All products and prices subject to availability.