Just like school used to make! This retro classic is really simply to make with only five ingredients. Makes a nice dessert that kids absolutely love. Find all of what you need in your local Heron Foods store. Now you just need to decide whether to have it with pink or mint custard?!
- 200g Plain Flour
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 50g Cocoa Powder (don’t use hot chocolate powder, it doesn’t work!)
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Butter or Margarine
- Rub all the ingredients together until mixed thoroughly.
- Push into a lined baking tray until firm and packed solid.
- Bake at 180°c for about 20 mins until cooked, sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut into squares once fully cooled.