Even the name sounds comforting! Take whatever you have leftover from your weekly meals and pile on the toppings with this ‘Tarte’ or pie if you’re from oop north (like us!) Pick up the majority of the ingredients you need to make this yummy ‘Family Favourite’ in your local Heron Foods store. Anything we don’t stock in-store, you’ll probably find in your cupboard, fridge or freezer!
- ½ Pack Puff Pastry (feeds two generously) use a full pack for a family meal
- Tomato Puree or Tomato Ketchup
- Grated Cheese
- Cooked Meat
- Cooked Beef Mince
- Feta Cheese
- Cooked Sausage
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Spoons of Pesto
- Roll the puff pastry thinly (about 0.5cm) and stab the pastry with a fork up to about 2cm from the edge (this will stop the pastry from rising in the middle).
- Put the tomato puree or tomato ketchup on the base and load with toppings as desired – Maggie’s given you a load of suggestions
- Put on a cooling rack on a baking tray (this helps the air circulate and crisp the pastry base.
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes and enjoy!