This is definitely one for every garlic lover out there! This succulent chicken breast and garlic butter dish with a slight twist in the form of puff pastry parcels make an impressive (and delicious) evening meal. Pick up the majority of the ingredients you need to make this yummy ‘Family Favourite’ in your local Heron Foods store. Anything we don’t stock in-store, you’ll probably find in your cupboard!
- 4 x Chicken Breasts (defrosted)
- Kerrygold Garlic Butter
- 1 x Shire Puff Pastry pack (defrosted)
- 1 x Egg (for wash)
- Defrost the chicken and cut a slit in the thickest part of the meat.
- Spoon two teaspoons of garlic butter into the slit and pull closed.
- Roll the defrosted pastry out to 5mm thickness and cut into four pieces. It needs to be large enough to leave about 2cm around the chicken.
- Fork the pastry underneath where the chicken will lie to stop this part of the pastry from rising. Brush the pastry with egg wash for a golden brown colour.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with a choice of new potatoes and green vegetables or salad.