A hearty family classic that can be prepared with minimal effort. Serve straight away, or freeze for later.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 sausages
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 5 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 frozen or fresh carrots, sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a shallow casserole pot
- Once hot, add onions and sausages. Stirring regularly, cook until the onions have softened and the sausages are browned
- Add tomatoes and crumble in the beef stock cube – add a little water if it’s too thick.
- Give everything a good stir and bring to boil. Then add the potatoes, carrots, peas and peppers.
- Simmer, uncovered, on a low heat for 20-25mins, stirring occasionally
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and cover for a final 5 minutes, or until the sausages and potatoes are fully cooked through.
Freezing and defrosting instructions
Allow to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container. Once sealed, pop in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, pop it into the fridge overnight, once it’s fully defrosted, reheat in a pan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the dish is piping hot.
*Given the current circumstances please be mindful that all products may not be in stock.