These savoury pancakes are great for Shrove Tuesday – and they’re delicious (and deliciously easy to make!) They’re the perfect excuse to enjoy pancakes on Pancake Day for dinner AND dessert! Pick up the majority of the ingredients you need to make this yummy ‘Winter Warmer’ in your local Heron Foods store!
- Batter Mix (packet)
- 55g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 140ml Milk
- Smoked Ham or Pastrami - cut into strips
- Grated Cheese
- Whisk the egg and milk together and then add to the flour. Whisk to create a smooth batter and leave to rest for a few minutes
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan until hot and ladle some batter mix into the pan. Tilt the pan back and forth to spread the mix across the base to form a thin layer
- Cook for approximately 30-40 seconds or until the underside is cooked
- Flip the pancake (with a spatula or toss by hand, if you’re feeling brave!) and top with the grated cheese and ham
- Once the other side is cooked, fold in half, serve and enjoy!