Nothing beats tucking into this warming, hearty beef pie on a cold winter’s night. It takes very little preparation and you can be enjoying it with your favourite vegetables and buttery mash in no time.
- 1 x pack frozen beef chunks
- 1 x pack 340gm Shire Puff Pastry
- ½ pack frozen onions
- ¼ pint beef stock
- A squeeze of any of the following you may have in the fridge:
- Tomato Puree
- Brown Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Egg to wash
- Defrost the pastry according to the pack instructions
- If you have a slow cooker, this works best, otherwise fry at a low temperature the beef and onions until browned
- Make up the beef stock and add the condiments to taste (you should get about half a pint of liquid) and pour over the beef
- Leave the mix to simmer; the longer you leave it, the more tender the beef will become
- Add to a pie dish and roll out the pastry to the desired thickness. Trim the edges and cover with the egg wash
- Bake in the oven at 180c for about 20 minutes
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and delicious, buttery mash!
- Mix it up a bit – add Reggae Reggae / Chilli Sauce to the stock liquid for a winter kick!