These are the perfect cakes to make for Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning! Get everything you need from your local Heron Foods store and get baking!
- 100gm Plain Flour
- 50gm Butter
- ¼ pint cold water
- 3 medium eggs
- 284ml Whipping Cream
- 100gm Milk Chocolate
- Put the water and butter in a pan and bring to a rolling boil
- Remove from the heat and add the flour; return to the heat and stir until the mix forms a ball (if the water isn’t properly boiling, the ball won’t form)
- Leave to cool
- Lightly beat three eggs and slowly whisk into the cooled mixture until a smooth paste forms
- Using two teaspoons put small balls onto a baking tray covered with greaseproof paper. Leave room between the balls as they do grow!
- Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Place on a baking rack to cool and cut a small opening in each profiterole to allow steam to escape
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks
- Using a piping bag, fill the profiteroles with the cream
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie and spoon over the profiteroles
- Leave the chocolate to set, then tuck in!
- This recipe will make about 20 profiteroles