These crispy potato skins are fully loaded with a naughty cheesy filling and are a comfort classic. They’re super-easy to prepare and you can revise the recipe depending on who’s coming round for dinner!
- 6 Medium Sized Potatoes (smooth ones are best to use over knobbly ones)
- Mature Grated Cheddar
- 6 x Slices Bacon (Smoked or Unsmoked)
- Knob of Butter
- Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- Bake the potatoes for approx. 1 hour (put a metal skewer through the potatoes and they’ll cook much faster!)
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly
- Grill the bacon and once cooled slightly, cut into 1cm squares
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the potato flesh into a bowl taking care not to damage the skin
- Add the butter and season with salt and pepper. Use a fork to lightly mash. Scoop the flesh back into the skins
- Top with the grated cheese and bacon and grill until browned
- Great at a barbeque with a sour cream and chive dip!