This lean, mean pork dish is sorely underrated! It’s healthy and tender, with an irresistible teriyaki flavour. What’s more, this fab dinner can be on the table in under half an hour. It’s tried and tested, and deeeeelicious! Pick up the majority of the ingredients you need to make this yummy ‘Family Favourite’ in your local Heron Foods store. Anything we don’t stock in-store, you’ll probably find in your cupboard!
- 4 x Pork Steaks
- 2 x Packs Blue Dragon Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- 250ml Long Grain Rice (or 2 x Microwave Rice Packs)
- 350ml Water
- Frozen Vegetables (Onions, Peppers, Sweetcorn, Peas)
- 1 x Egg
- Dash of Olive Oil
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Dark Soy Sauce (optional, but really tasty!)
- Put the sauce mix and sliced pork steaks into a frying pan and gently heat.
- Cook the rice as per instructions on packet and drain.
- In a second frying pan, cook the frozen vegetables through until hot, then add the rice.
- Whisk the egg and add the olive oil (approx. 15ml).
- Add soy sauce, if using.
- Push the veg to one side of the pan and add the egg mix and use a fork or whisk to get a ‘scrambled’ consistency, then stir into the vegetables and rice mix.
- Once the egg is cooked through, plate up immediately and drizzle sweet chilli sauce over.
- Serve the pork and sauce over the top.