Small home-made beef burgers flavoured with basil and tomato ketchup – tasty for adults and children alike.
- 455g frozen minced beef, thawed
- 200 - 250g frozen chopped onions
- 60ml frozen chopped basil
- 40ml tomato ketchup
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil spray (if frying)
- Using a large bowl, mix the minced beef and onion together. Add the basil, ketchup and pepper; mix to combine
- Divide equally, shape into patties and flatten into 8 small burgers – approximately 9 – 10 cm across.
- Transfer to a cling film lined baking tray. Cover with additional cling film, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill or fry for 3 – 4 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Cut the rolls/buns in half across and toast the cut sides. Spread the bottom halves with a mixture of tomato ketchup and mayonnaise blended together in equal quantities. Cover with lettuce, a burger and tomato slices.
- Serve with cooked frozen curly fries.