Smothered Chicken, often referred to as ‘Hunters Chicken’ is a delicious chicken and barbecue sauce recipe, simple enough to prepare mid-week and tastes great served with onion rings and chips or wedges.
- 1 Chicken Breast Fillet per person
- Rindless Back Bacon
- Frozen Onion (1/4 bag)
- Barbecue Sauce
- Soft Cheese or Philadelphia, if you’re feeling indulgent!
- Defrost one fillet per person
- If using, slice a pocket in the fillet and put a dessert spoon of cheese inside each one.
- Using the flat edge of a sharp kitchen knife, run it along the length of a rasher of bacon to stretch it (makes it shrink around the chicken as it cooks). Wrap a rasher around each chicken fillet.
- Lightly fry the onion pieces and place in an oven dish with the prepared chicken.
- Cover in BBQ sauce and cook for 30 mins until the chicken is fully cooked. Add more sauce if required through cooking.
Serve with a choice of chunky chips, wedges, onion rings, corn on the cob, salad, vegetable rice, coleslaw etc.